Barr TCPA Settlement
- This lawsuit revolves around claims that the Telephone Consumer Protection Act was violated by The Harvard Drug Group LLC d/b/a Expert-Med
- Class members claim Exper-Med/Harvard Drug violated this federal law by sending fax advertisements without the express permission of the recipients
- Class members may receive a settlement up to $500 if they file a valid/timely claim
The Barr TCPA Settlement defines class members as anyone who received a bothersome fax from Harvard Drug/Exper-Med between the time of Apr. 30, 2009 and Apr. 30, 2013. The faxes were sent with the intent of marketing products or services for a profit (without the customer consent) which is against the TCPA which prohibits companies from placing robocalls, sending unsolicited text messages and sending fax advertisements without the consent or permission of the recipient.
Barr TCPA Settlement Quick Notes
- Harvard Drug Group LLC d/b/a Expert-Med deny any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle
- Class members also content that the firm did not provide instructions on how to opt out of receiving these bothersome faxes
- A settlement fund of $415,500 has been established
- The Barr TCPA Settlement was approved on July 22, 2016
- The lawsuit is entitled Scott Barr DDS v. The Harvard Drug Group LLC d/b/a Expert-Med
- Case Number 0:13-cv-62019-KAM
- All objections or intents to opt out of the 415k settlement are due by Oct. 25, 2016
- When filing a claim the class member will be required to verify the ownership of the fax number
- All claim forms are due by 10/25/16
The case is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida and the fairness hearing will take place on 11/18/16 (luckily class members do not need to attend this boring hearing in order to collect a piece of the settlement pie). Any questions about the lawsuit can be directed to TCPAquestions@BarrTCPAsettlement.com or 877-831-4786.