- Allows a consumer to place, temporarily lift, or remove a credit security freeze associated with a Equifax account
- The Equifax Security Freeze service is free to use and requires the consumers ID number
- The information provided by the consumer will not be used for any other purpose but for placing/lifting a freeze
The Free Equifax service consist of three steps and will take less than 5 minutes to complete. During the process consumers will be asked to provide a valid email address so Equifax can send them confirmation of the activity.
Consumer Freeze Equifax Quick Notes
- Easy to use and free of cost
- To cancel a Equifax account please email email@example.com
Any questions in regards to the Freeze Equifax service can be directed to a customer agent at 1-800-685-5000.