MyHeritage DNA Kit Activation
- Activate a MyHeritage DNA kit online in just a few minutes
- MyHertiageDNA.com/SetUp is only available in English
- Customers must be a registered MyHeritage member in order to activate
In order to register the kit the customer must login to their MyHeritage account with an email address and password. The email address would be the one used at the time of registration with MyHeritage. Those who are not registered will have to do so before they can being the set up process.
Those who are not MyHeritageDNA members will have to provide their first and last name, gender, date of birth, a valid email address, and create a password in order to register. Please use an email address that the customer has access to as it will need for confirmation purposes (or if they customer forgets their password and needs to start the recovery process).
- Activation will take between 4 to 6 minutes for most users (a little longer for those who need to register with MyHeritage)
- Account creation if free
- Customers must consent to DNA testing
- DNA testing involves sending blood or a saliva sample through the mail via a small vial
- Please allow up to 4 weeks for a respond when sending in a sample
- Membership cost will differ based on the level of service and the type of information the customer is seeking
What exactly is MyHeritage?
“MyHeritage is an online service that allows members to create family sites and profiles in order to build and print their family trees, share family photos, keep in touch with family members, perform DNA testing, receive genetic analysis, participate in scientific research and research their family history with advanced research tools” – MyHeritage – Terms and Conditions
Any questions in regards to MyHeritageDNA.com/SetUp can be directed to toll-free 1-800-MYHERITAGE (1-800-987-9000) Monday to Sunday 24 hours a day.